Rude lecturer

So we fight to get a real comfy seminar room to study right? So we thought we would be able to study in peace right? Wrong. Bloody accountancy classes are still on and some fat girl just came into the room and told us she was gonna have a class in 30 mins time. great. and for the coming monday as well. and perhaps the coming coming one. She promptly sat down on one of the chairs, and started reading her stuff, totally ignoring the fact that WE were using the room and it was not even fifteen mins before her class.

so we moved our stuff onto the tabes at a corner of the room so that we could come back and continue studying later after the class. since the other rooms were all occupied, we moved a table out onto the corridor and wanted to continune studying outside. the students from the accounts class came streaming in. so we waited for the tutor to arrive. when she did, i went up to her and said, "Ma'am, we were using the seminar room to study and we din know there was a class going on..."

She then interrupted me and proclaimed loudly,"Then you can all get out now. I have a tutorial class."

I was stunned. I certainly did not say ANYTHING offensive, nor rude. I was my usual polite self. I could feel my face flush with anger but since her students were around, and i was taken by surprise, I did not argue with her and said sarcastically,"... So that you know."

We proceeded to move out of the room, and brought one chair out to the table outside. but the fat girl whispered something to her and then she told my friend, "Girl, we need all the tables. I have 50 students in the class." Someone then curtly pulled the chair we had outside back inside. my friends and I then proceeded to move our stuff from the tables to the ledge. She then said something like "Is that the right way to say it?" to the fat girl.

as we sat at the table outside, i was boiling with anger. I had done nothing to warrant a rude remark like that, and the Welfare package that was announced did not state that the semninar rooms would be used during the exam period. She was totally rude and uncivilised. I decided that i was not to take this insult lying down. searching through the department's listing i found her email address and sent her an email voicing my displeasure. I considered CCing her department head, but decided against it after some discussion with my friends. I kept my tone polite and clearly voiced my displeasure at her rude remark.

Let's see if she replies.

0 comments:


 

Blogger Template | Created by Adam Every