Lament lament

IMtookYsome onlineFIQItestsRrecently.STheTresults are ok.IPrettySaccurate. Nope, I wun tell ya my IQ . It's1probably2lower6than yours anyway.
Disclaimer:OThisNentryLtalksYabout me. Not anyone else (duh, it's MY blog). So please respect that and do not think i'm showing off or something, cos i probably am dumber than you.
In any case, the analysis was quite accurate as well. Here's the breakdown of ther different categories.... Guess which one I scored the best and which the weakest??

Verbal
Mathematics
Spatial
Logic
Pattern Recognition
General Knowledge
Short Term Memory
Visualization
Classification
My best: Spatial
"Exceptional intelligence does not guarantee results -- to achieve excellence you must fully understand your strengths and learn to maximize your efforts. Knowing your greatest intellectual strength may give you insight into how you can improve your learning process, work better with others, or become more self aware of your abilities. According to this test your spatial skills are the most developed of all your intellectual capabilities - your capability to manipulate 3-D objects in space is your biggest strength.

Your spatial score is 100 and your percentile score is 98"
And my worst... not surprisingly... Short Term Memory
"Weaknesses are the roadblocks we face when trying to achieve our goals. Awareness of your weaknesses allows you to predict problems and find solutions ahead of time, thereby alleviating future headaches. According to this test your short term memory skills are the most underdeveloped of all your intellectual capabilities - your capability to retrieve facts and use them in solving problems is your biggest weakness.

Your short term memory score is 67 and your percentile score is 81"
The rest of the categories are quite alright, with verbal and visualisation being the next best.
So what does all that mean?
The results proved my suspicions (and prob yours too if you know me better) that I have serious STM problems. During my attachment I could forget the instructions my superior gave me as soon as i turned around to walk back to my table. It is THAT bad. I forget that I have taken a call 1 hr after it ended. Dates are the absolute worst. sigh.
Well, all is not lost. My "Alzheimer's" may or may not improve. In my sec school days I could memorize long definitons of chinese terms (believe me i memorize but i dun understand. Just pure memory.) Uni does not require me to memorize stuff on a regular basis so prob my STM problem stemmed from there. so pls dun mind me if i ask you to repeat your question or sentence to me 30 seconds after u told me.
Now wat abt spatial strengths? I really have no idea how to apply my spatial strengths to my daily life. can't be thinking in 3D can i???
Perhaps I could be a 3D graphic designer? well, I did do ok for my computer graphics module. Sigh. Knowing such things about yourself could do more damage than harm. Give me an idea how i can apply my so-called strong spatial strength to a career tat gives me $300k a year pls. i will forever be indebted to you.
Talking about my other strength, verbal... I take it as language skill instead of 'verbal'. (not sure if i got the grammar correc there). I guess apart from written chinese, my language skills are considered not bad. however my dialect sucks. not sure if it's a good or bad thing.
One of my greatest regrets is not having pursued my interest in French. I took the romantic language as my Third Language in sec sch, and did pretty well. chose it cos well... it sounded slightly cooler than German and is less common as a Third Lang compared to Japanese. I went for the overseas immersion program in Bourges, France (where else....) and had a smashing time there with my Third lang mates. Unfortunately I lost contact with my host Fabien, and also with the rest of the local guys who participated in the program. Reason being? I guess being in a different JC made the whole difference. I had some family problems then as well, so i did not make attempts to stay in touch with them although we were all quite close till Sec 4 when i called it quits after the O levels. Quite saddening actually cos i regard the times i had in France as the best i had so far.
With my basic grasp of the french language, i used to have a far fetched ambition to be a diplomat. But judging by my PR skills i think i will suck at it. One of the best PR guys i know is Paul from my army days. Bloody bugger always finds the right people to hang out with, correct things to say, and can strike up an intelligent conversation in double quick time. I wish i am as eloquent as he is. Another guy i look up to PR-wise is John Thong from Chevron (formerly known as Caltex Singapore). He always has the most though-invoking questions to ask. You have to make sure you THINK before you can answer him. Would love to learn more from him, but I am not so sure if i want to join Chevron after i graduate.


Speaking of languages, I have the urge to post an entry on my ordeals while taking Higher Chinese and *gasp* Chinese Literature in River Valley High. If i could i would glady slap two of the chinese teachers there who discriminated me because of my weak grasp of chinese. bitches, both of them. My spoken chinese ok, but i think in english. And characters just can't seem to stay alive in my brain. so of cos i struggled. and of cos, i excel at singlish hor.

oh well this entry has no particular title, cos it's a mixed bag of stuff. if anyone wants to know, the website where i took my IQ tests are here:

http://www.intelligencetest.com

http://www.highiqsociety.org/

Intelligencetest offers free breakdown and analysis of your results, like those i cut and paste above, more elaborate of cos. give it a try.

HighIQSocietyFdoesOnotRgive youTanyHbreakdownI ofSyour results,I which sucks totally. AndDafterI i gotDmy results, they1said3i was0eligible to join their society, but brought me to a payment page where the cheapest package was a 'virtual' membership that costs US$79. Buggers.

0 comments:


 

Blogger Template | Created by Adam Every