After my VERY VERY poor performance for my first paper, I felt I was thrown back to the time when i was in my second year, when my grades were totally crap. My extended stint at my uni was the result of that ONE semester, when i literally flunked almost the whole semester.

I really really pulled up my socks, and managed to do pretty well and scored my first As (second time i took the papers, which btw were really tuff papers) and Bs, before going on my Industrial Attachment. Now i feel lost again, after that paper. I was prepared, i tried my best, but i guess fatigue really took a toll on me (dun forget my STM) and i really could not remember what i had revised. Down in the dumps again...
My bio clock is screwed. My memory is screwed. All i can rely on, is muscle memory. Which in case you dunno, or maybe i got the term wrong, is the technique to practice and practice till the brain (muscle) remembers by repetition.
My fren from London MSNed me again today, and somehow she has the knack to know when i feel down. "CHIN UP!" she said, a piece of advice i got from her when i was in the dumps before.
So i did try and stick my chin up and got a bit of momentum going today. Not bad, considering my poor Math foundation. I'm growing to like digital signals processing, cos everything looks so logical when u manage to figure it out. And it felt good to understand such complex topics. I will try and ace this module!! Pray for me!
I've watched the Korean drama Full House, and I'm now an unabashed fan of Song Hye Kyo. It's a romantic comedy, and strangely enough, no one dies in the end, which is a far cry from other Korean romance dramas. In any case, whenever i'm down in the dumps, i'll watch like 10 mins of any of the episodes. Somehow it cheers me up. Dun say i'm a softie nor a fanboy man, i'll prob kill u.
In the show, Song plays this slightly ditzy writer who somehow fell in love with an obnoxious star played by Rain. So Song uses this term to cheer Rain up whenever he feels down and out, and it's "Aza Aza Fighting!!", which is Korean kinda slang for "cheer up, fight for it!!" So i'll prob do the same (to myself).
Girlfriend's finally flying home tmr!!! but i think i wun be receiving her at the airport cos it's gonna take quite a bit of my time... so sorry, will make it up to u after i ACE the rest of the papers. I hope. Missed her man...
Oh i think i need sleeping pills. lotsa 'em. Spare me some, anyone?

0 comments:


 

Blogger Template | Created by Adam Every