Getting old

Attended and helped out at my sister's wedding last Sunday and Monday. I feel sort of nervous now. My brother-in-law and my sis are of the same age, 27 this year. They planned the wedding for almost a year and a half. They got engaged first (ROM ceremony at the Botanical Gardens), got a really nice flat and furnished it in a really modern way. Really very cool place they have. Then the Chinese tea ceremony and dinner was held over last Sunday and Monday respectively. Quite the Singaporean routine kinda thing.

Can I get married in 2 years' time, ie at the age of 27?? probably not man. Need to pay off my uni loan, get a place of my own, a car, and contribute to the family expenses. Take a loan, someone suggested, it's what everyone does! yeah so i'll be stepping from one loan into another, and the only ppl benefitting are the banks. But that's the way it is in Singapore isn't it? Unless you have a damn rich dad to back u up, that's the way it is. And it's really shitty. The only reason why the banking sector is so robust in Singapore is that everyone takes a loan for almost anything. Car, housing, education, business... and the interest is of cos an insane amount when you look at the entire amount you pay.

Never knew i had to worry abt such things so quickly. it only seemed like yesterday I stepped out of the army into uni. yeah yeah to you it may seem trivial, but to me it's a pretty big thing. I guess I have to find ways and means to save up an insane amount of money.

0 comments:


 

Blogger Template | Created by Adam Every