Direction

After a trying period, I have calmed myself down, and sorted out my thoughts. Things are better, and I have been granted the grace of God to witness his...grace to grant me a chance to straighten things out right after I prayed about it. Some issues still remain, but i'm sure God will take care of them for me.

I have just started work as a financial planner after much deliberation. I am proud to say I am now quite in love with my job. Looking up my contact list, I realised I haven't spoke to many of my old friends from primary school, secondary school, JC, army and even uni and hall friends. I plucked up my courage to call some of them, of course much to their surprise. I try not to mention that I'm not a financial planner, so as not to seem like I called them just to persuade them to buy a plan or something, although that was the original motive. But eventually they asked about my job, and I of course did say I am now a financial planner. Some took it quite nicely, and some did not. I do not blame those that did not. But the important thing is not whether I managed to sell them something, since I haven't sold anything yet (cos i have one more module to clear, it's gonna be a one week course). The important thing is that I have reconnected with some good friends through the course of my work. I told KJ today about this, and he agreed. If I don't close case from them, it's ok. What's important is that I managed to renew and reestablish contact with frens whom i might not contact had I joined the corporate world. If I do close cases from them, it's a bonus for me.
After praying about my job, and some problems, I have come to realise many things. My job is not just to meet ppl and make them buy plans from me. My job is to let them know that I am qualified to recommend a plan whereby they can build their savings and retirement, as well as gaining protection should anything happen unfortunate happen to them. My clients or friends park their hardearned money with me and Prudential, and I see myself responsible to make sure their family will not be burdened should anything happen to them. Suddenly i feel proud of my job, and will do my best to achieve my dreams and help my friends and clients achieve theirs through sensible savings. As long as I maintain this correct attitude, I am sure people who are adverse to financial planning would be convinced that they really do need to do something for themselves, for their family.
After some major conflicts, I have made a promise not to do certain things, not to be in a certain state of mind. I am trying my darndest best on my end, and I hope it will be on the other end too. i have prayed for deliverence from evil and unjust thoughts, and I hope i will be rid of them as soon as possible. i am now working very hard to build up my career so as to give my family a better and more comfortable life. The turning point was when I was really down and my Mum saw I was unhappy and she cried. Then and there i promised myself I will do well and do my parents and loved one proud. Some people have bias against me, and I do not blame them. I only hope that they can see that they are at fault too, and would be morally upright enough not to try and put me down in front of my loved one. I also pray that I would change for the better and be held in a higher esteem than I am now. Respect is earned, not given, and I will try my hardest to earn their respect. If they want to continue at their childish ways, I will only pray for them.
I hope to be able to find the cheerful self back again. I have dwelled in the murky waters of self denial and self pity for too damn long. The words of encouragement from Aaron, Ian, KJ, WZ, PG, ZY, TY, my loved one, and many many hall friends, uni frens, sec sch frens and many others have truly lifted up my spirits when I was down. Thank you all, and thank God for all of you.

0 comments:


 

Blogger Template | Created by Adam Every